Tuesday, August 20, 2013
Recently, the Texas Secretary of State drafted a chart that lists professions and the types of entities each profession is permitted to create. The document is called "Guide for Determining Permissable Entity Types" and will save users alot of time and reading.
Special thanks to Gary E. Kersey (Attorney, Texas) for bringing this chart to my attention.
Thursday, August 8, 2013
The Internal Revenue Service has developed a new feature on their website, www.irs.gov. This feature allows those donating to charity to see if their contributions qualify as a tax deduction. Attorneys should consider using this tool when a client wishes to make a charitable gift that may qualify for the gift or estate tax charitable deduction.
For more information, click here.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
IGS International Genealogical Search Inc. provides users with a way for people to identify heirs, quiet title searches, search for heirs of wrongful death actions, and a few other services that can help identify beneficiaries to an estate.
Some practitioners need information that is more specific and training material to assist them in succession planning. One estate planning resource to share with farm owners is Planning Your Farm. The site discusses the risk associated with farm transfers, assessing farm resources, and other estate planning techniques.
Other practitioners need assistance in obtaining property title searches. Property Shark provides title searches that sift through public records and adds public information to the proprietary information for a more complete set of online records. Property shark makes mortgage files, deeds leases, different ownership rights and other services available to trust and estate practitioners.
Practitioners needing access to public documents such as real time court records can find them on LexisNexis.
Court filings have been made more convenient by allowing the service to be done online at One Legal Online Court Services.
FindLegalForms.com can provide practitioners with a collection of free legal forms. Some of the forms include handy checklists and there is no registration required to download the forms.
There are many other websites offering primary, and secondary, trust and estate affiliated material. Access to these sites enhances speed to accomplish client tasks.
See Donald Kelley, Internet Services for T&E Practitioners, Wealth Managment, Jun. 12, 2013.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- Bay Area Wills, Trusts & Probate Report
- California Estate and Business Law Blog
- California Estate Planning Practice Blog
- California Estate, Trust & Elder / Dependent Adult Litigation
- California Probate Lawyer Blog
- California Tax Attorney Blog
- Death and Taxes: The Blog
- EstatePlanning4All (California)
- Estate Planning, Business, & Tax Law Blog (Arizona)
- Estate Planning News (Ohio)
- Florida Elder Law and Estate Planning Blog
- Florida Estate Planning & Probate Law Blog
- Florida Estate Planning Lawyer Blog
- Florida Probate Litigation Blog
- Gay Estate
- Heritage Law Blog (Massachusetts)
- Houston Texas Trust & Estate Litigation Law Blog
- Kevin A. Pollock BLAWG (Florida, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania)
- Massachusetts Estate Planning and Elder Law
- Minnesota Estate Planning and Probate Blog
- New York Probate Litigation Blog
- New York Trusts & Estates Law Blog
- NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog
- North Carolina Estate Planning Blog
- North Carolina Legacy Planning Blog
- Ohio Estate and Special Needs Planning
- Ohio Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Ohio Trust and Estate Blog
- Our Family Business At Odds
- PA Elder, Estate & Fiduciary Law Blog
- Phinney Estate Law (Washington)
- Planner's Thoughts California)
- The Probate Lawyer (Alabama, Florida, Louisana, Mississippi)
- Probate Lawyer Family Feud Blog
- Rule of Law (British Columbia)
- San Diego Wills and Trusts Lawyer Blog
- South Florida Estate Planning Law Blog
- Texas Probate
- Texas Probate Litigation Blog
- Texas Wills and Trusts Online
- Trust and Wealth Management Marketing
- Unique Family (Minnesota)
- Virginia Estate Planning and Elder Law Blog
- Virginia Fiduciary Law Blog
- You and Yours Blawg (New Jersey)