Monday, June 7, 2021
Estate planning is an inevitable necessity—and the scammers are aware of that. These scammers will attempt to take advantage of you through television, the internet, phone solicitations, and even in-person presentations.
In order to ensure your safety you should avoid the following popular estate planning scams.
- Cold Calls Offering to Prepare Estate Plans
- Paying for Estate Planning Templates
- Not Needing an Estate Plan
- Paying Exorbitant Legal Fees
- Executing Documents You Do Not Understand
See Patricia Malley, Beware of These Common Estate Planning Scams, Burns Levinson, June 23, 2021.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.