Monday, May 18, 2020
The American Law Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Estate Planning Strategies in an Era of Low Interest Rates and Volatile Markets, on Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Provided below is a description of the event.
Why You Should Attend
While the pandemic has brought our economy to its knees, the resulting bear market of depressed asset valuations and record-low interest rates provides some incredible estate planning opportunities designed to take advantage of this kind of environment. This one hour webcast, taught by two highly experienced practitioners, will explore specific strategies available during a market decline that may help to reduce potential estate taxes and fulfill your clients’ estate planning goals, including the use of trusts, notes, gifts, and charitable giving.
What You Will Learn
• Grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), including GRATs as gifts and buying back assets from depressed or appreciated GRATs
• Charitable lead annuity trusts
• 2020 valuations
• Low interest notes and sales
• Refinancing notes
• Charitable giving
• Gifts of depressed assets
• Disclaimers as a hedge
• Why high volatility means higher discounts
• Spreading out transfers of gifts, GRATs, and sales
All registrants will receive a set of downloadable course materials to accompany the program.
Who Should Attend
All estate planners and financial advisors will benefit from listening to this webcast on estate planning strategies with low interest rates and unstable financial markets.