Sunday, March 1, 2020
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Annual Probate and Estate Administration Conference in Pennsylvania, on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM at the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Provided below is a description of the event.
The Latest Information for Handling Trusts and Estates
Probate and estates practice is in flux. Do you have all the current knowledge and tools you need? This practical legal course gives you the fundamental tax, legal and procedural guidance from experienced attorneys and probate court staff. Get an overview and crucial updates on laws and local procedures, tax planning and reporting, and key case law affecting trusts and estates. Register today!
- Walk through the key estate procedures and get sample forms to help speed up the process.
- Hear what probate court judges want you to know about top mistakes attorneys, trustees and executors make.
- Get an overview of current aging and disability issues affecting your clients' estates.
- Plan for and administer all types of assets, including digital, real estate and property in other states.
- Ensure will validity at drafting and administration.
- Get tax saving and reporting tips from the pros.
- Review common trust issues at drafting and administration and get effective workarounds.
- Guard your professional reputation with a legal ethics guide tailored to the trusts and estates practice.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for:
- Tax Professionals
- Trust Officers
- Probate Judges Share Mistakes They've Seen
- Affording Nursing Home Care and its Effects on the Decedent's Estate
- New End-of-Life Options and the Effects of Voluntary Death on the Estate
- Sale of Real Estate and Special Proceedings
- Locating and Accessing All Assets Without the Traditional "Paper" Trail and Handling Digital Assets
- New and Tricky Forms of Wills and Their Authenticatio
- Determining Testator Capacity and Spotting Undue Influence
- Tax Basis Reporting Requirements in Estate Administration
- Tax Returns and Tax Saving Tidbits Under TCJA
- IRA Beneficiary Designations and Inherited IRAs Update
- Modifying Broken Trusts and Other Trust Management Conundrums Today
- Legal Ethics Update