Monday, March 16, 2020
The National Business Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Building Asset Protection into Estate Plans, on Monday, April 6, 2020 from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central. Provided below is description of the event.
Effective and Compliant Ways to Shore up Creditor Protections
Guarding clients and their estates against creditors is a deep-rooted part of estate planning. Do you have all the knowledge and skills at your disposal to prevent frivolous creditor attacks and minimize asset vulnerabilities? This practical legal guide explores the most effective techniques available to trusts and estates practitioners today. Register today!
- Accurately assess specific assets', income sources' and beneficiaries' risk of exposure.
- Explore simple ways to protect clients from the biggest threats.
- Learn how to use trusts and LLCs to strengthen creditor protections and build in flexibility.
- Maximize the use of exempt assets to boost protections.
- Understand what techniques work even after the death of the grantor.
- Protect your professional reputation with a legal ethics guide tailored to the demands of the trusts and estates practice.
Who Should Attend
This legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, tax professionals, trust officers and paralegals.
- Course Content
- Tax Rules Overview and Updates
- Identifying Vulnerabilities and Common Mistakes That Expose Assets to Creditors
- Simple Methods of Guarding Assets
- Trusts in Wealth Preservation - Not Only for the Ultra-Rich
- Using LLCs and Limited Partnerships
- Timing of Asset Protection Efforts: Preventing Fraudulent Transfers and Other Considerations
- Asset Protection Issues in Estate Administration
- Legal Ethics