Sunday, October 20, 2019
The National Business Institute is holding a teleconference entitled, Qualifying for Medicaid: Asset Purchase, Transfer, and Spenddown Tactics, on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. Provided below is a description of the event.
Complying With Lookback Requirements and Guarding Family Assets
Medicaid remains one of the major sources of funding long-term care. To help your clients afford assisted care without impoverishing their families, you need accurate information on the Medicaid eligibility rules and planning techniques. This practical legal guide will give you knowledge you can apply immediately. Register today!
- Find new ways to qualify with the Medicaid spenddown requirements.
- Learn common actions that trigger penalty periods and how to determine their duration.
- Take full advantage of hardship waivers and monthly spousal allowance.
Who Should Attend
This Medicaid legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and paralegals.
- Medicaid Asset Limits and Excluded Assets
- Prepayment of Qualified Expenses
- The Lookback Period and Timing of Transfers
- Calculating and Minimizing Penalty Periods
- Hardship Waivers and Monthly Spousal Allowance
- Other Planning Options
- "Medicaid Pending" - What Can be Done When the Need for Nursing Home is Immediate