Saturday, September 14, 2019
The American Law Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Avoiding a Wealth of Trouble: Ethical Issues for Trust and Estate Lawyers, on Thursday, October 24, at 12:00 - 1:30 PM Eastern. Provided below is a summary of the event.
Today’s trust and estate planning attorney must have a wide range of knowledge of substantive law, but also pay careful attention to professional responsibility and liability concerns that can be unique to this area of practice.
Register today for this important CLE program taught by Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) for a critical discussion of both common and sometimes unexpected dilemmas in practice. You’ll learn not only about recent ethics decisions and case law from around the country, but also what the disciplinary and malpractice implications are for lawyers.
What You Will Learn
Ethical challenges to be discussed by an expert panel include:
- client-driven aggressive estate planning
- common mistakes that can defeat a client’s objectives
- problematic conflicts of interest
- client selection and the importance of engagement letters
- having adequate insurance coverage and complying with the policy requirements when claims are made or threatened
- other ethical pitfalls that can ensnare trust and estate lawyers