Sunday, September 29, 2019
The National Business Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Medicaid: Maximizing Excluded Assets, on Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM Central. Provided below is a description of the event.
Effective Approaches to Medicaid Eligibility Planning
Satisfying the spenddown requirement to ensure your client qualifies for Medicaid is a tough balancing act. One of the most effective levers in this planning is to maximize excluded assets. This practical guide will give you the knowledge and skills you'll need to ensure your clients use all the tactics at their disposal to qualify for Medicaid as early as needed, without excessive burden on their families. From simple approaches like gifting to the more complex Medicaid trusts - learn what works and get sample documents to ensure all your approaches are implemented impeccably. Register today!
- Get an updated overview of Medicaid resource and transfer eligibility.
- Evaluate common planning techniques and when they are most (and least) effective.
- Maximize purchase and prepayment methods without undue hardship for your clients.
- Save drafting time with sample Medicaid trust provisions.
- Review the application and appeals process to ensure compliance and maximize chances of success.
- Gain effective asset transfer tactics when time is of the essence.
Who Should Attend
This Medicaid legal guide is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants and paralegals.
- Medicaid Asset Eligibility: Commonly Overlooked Excluded Assets
- Purchasing Excluded Assets, Prepayment of Future Expenses, and Converting Countable Assets: Top Tips and Techniques
- Anticipating the Tax Consequences of Medicaid Planning
- Addressing Assets in Application, Appeals, and Fair Hearings Process
- Coordination with Other Asset-Based Benefits Eligibility
- Using Trusts to Maximize Excluded Assets
- Asset Transfers in Crisis Planning
- Can You Prove to Medicaid that an Asset Transfer Should NOT be Penalized?
- Legal Ethics in Medicaid Planning