Friday, August 9, 2019
The National Business Institute is holding a webcast entitled, Changing/Repurposing Old Trusts to Work Under the New Tax Rules, on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central. Provided below is a description of the event.
Learn How and When to Modify a Trust
New tax rules are in effect, and your clients may be wondering what impact these major changes have had on their trusts. Whether to qualify for government benefits, minimize tax exposure or to take advantage of new incentives, there may be good reason to amend or restructure the trust. Do you have the knowledge and skills you need to make this happen? Our experienced faculty will walk you through the legal process of modifying a trust, offering solutions to specific trust issues in the new tax law and equipping you with the tools you'll need to respond to future changes. Register today!
- Help your clients identify when a trust should be modified.
- Understand who has the legal authority to make a change to the trust
- Gain insight into the legal process involved with modifying an existing trust
- Determine what to do with old credit shelter trusts
- Learn how to build modification provisions into the trust and receive other helpful drafting tips.
- Discover what has changed as a result of the new tax rules, what stayed the same, and what still works.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit financial planners, accountants and CPAs, tax preparers, trust officers, and paralegals.
- What Still Works
- When Should the Irrevocable Trust be Modified?
- Mechanisms for Making the Change
- What to Do With Old Credit Shelter Trusts
- Specific Solutions to New Trust Tax Problems and Opportunities
- Qualifying Trusts for the New Pass-Through Entity Deduction
- Drafting for Flexibility to Respond to Future Tax Law Changes
- Legal Ethics