Tuesday, July 30, 2019
The National Business Institute is holding a teleconference entitled, Trusts Asset Protection: New Critical Case Law You Need to Know, on Monday, August 5, 2019, from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM Central. Provided below is a description of the event.
Learn How Changes Will Affect Trust Drafting and Administration Approaches
By now, domestic asset protection trusts are a mainstay of wealth planning, but the court challenges against them continue. The latest, Toni 1 Trust v. Wacker has further defined the potential risks of this planning technique and its strengths and benefits. Learn what this case, tax reform, and other recent changes mean to your drafting and administration practices. Safeguard your trusts against new case law and regulatory changes - register today!
- Analyze the implications of the latest case law and TCJA changes on DAPTs.
- Use trust amendments to shore up creditor protection of existing trusts.
- Learn what's used to determine whether a trust is a "sham."
- Hear what trust protectors can do to strengthen the trust.
Who Should Attend
This legal update is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, tax professionals, estate planners, trust professionals, and paralegals.
- Achieving and Proving DAPT Situs: Lessons from Toni 1 Trust v. Wacker
- Assets Used to Fund the Trust: Key Questions and Answers
- Trust Modifications and Creditor Protection: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- When is a Trust Considered a "Sham"?
- Is an International Asset Protection Trust a Prudent Option?
- Use of Trust Protectors
- Other Changes You Need to Know