Saturday, May 25, 2019
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, The Probate Process from Start to Finish, on Wednesday, June 5, 2019 from 8:30 AM - 4:40 PM at the Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio Airport in San Antonio, Texas. Provided below is a description of the event.
Handling Probate from Initial Notices through the Estate Closing
This "a through z" guide to probate is designed to take you from the first days of the estate timeline through all the steps of marshaling and valuing estate assets, locating and paying the creditors, paying the beneficiaries, and laying the estate to rest. You will receive the latest updates on the probate court procedure and tax laws, practical guidance from experienced probate attorneys on using spousal elective share and resolving estate disputes, and sample forms and checklists to speed up the administration process. Build a solid foundation for your probate practice - register today!
- Learn the procedure, rules and practical steps to effectively administer a probate.
- Determine what form of administration is appropriate for a specific probate case.
- Clarify the order of inheritance for an estate when there is no will.
- Locate assets and obtain ownership documents more easily with a list of local and online resources.
- Get a complete view of the sequence of events that must happen before the estate can be closed.
- Identify common actions that trigger malpractice liability and get tips for staying in the clear.
- Get practical advice for honoring or contesting all claims against the estate.
- Find new ways to resolve liquidity issues that delay estate closing and final distributions and payments.
- Learn what common closing mistakes can allow the estate to be re-opened, and how to avoid them.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for professionals who want to be more effective in handling the probate process, including:
- CPAs and Accountants
- Financial Planners and Wealth Managers
- Tax Professionals
- Trust Officers
- Initial Filing in Probate Court and Estate Timeline
- Law of Intestate Succession
- Inventory and Appraisement
- Probate Property vs. Non-Probate Assets
- Handling Claims Against the Estate
- Tax Reporting and Post-Mortem Tax Matters
- Sale of Property and Distributions
- Final Accounting and Closing the Estate
- Probate Disputes and Litigation