Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Evan J. Criddle, Paul B. Miller, and Robert H. Sitkoff recently edited a book entitled, The Oxford Handbook of Fiduciary Law, (1st ed. 2019). Provided below is a summary of the book.
- Examines how fiduciary principles apply in eighteen different fields of law, including agency law, trust law, corporate law, pension law, bankruptcy law, family law, employment law, legal representation, health care, and international law
- Provides clear guidance on essential concepts and principles of fiduciary law, including the defining characteristics of fiduciary relationships, the duty of loyalty, the duty of care, mandatory and default rules, and fiduciary remedies
- Offers new historical, comparative, and interdisciplinary perspectives on fiduciary law
- Includes original essays from leading fiduciary law scholars exploring perennial challenges and future directions for the field
- No book currently available provides an overview of fiduciary law that is as rich or comprehensive as this volume
For more information about the material within the book, see here.
Special thanks to Garrett A. Heckman (Palm Springs, California Attorney) for bringing this article to my attention.