Monday, November 5, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Estate Planning and Administration: The Complete Guide, on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - Thursday, January 24, 2019 in San Diego, California. Provided below is a description of the event.
Find Out How Key Estate Planning Tools are Drafted and Implemented
Every client's estate is unique in its assets composition, family dynamics and future needs, but all are ruled by the same principles and are subject to the same tax and legal limitations. In this comprehensive legal guide, experienced attorney faculty will guide you through the process of estate planning and administration and show you how to select the best trust instruments and wield them skillfully to avoid mistakes at probate. They will also teach you how to properly administer the estate and tackle potential mistakes of improperly drafted documents, changed circumstances and newly arising conflicts. Become fully prepared to protect your client's legacies - register today!
- Get an update on the current tax regime and other key regulations.
- Get the case off on the right foot with a thorough and thoughtful client intake.
- Compare key trust structures and their effect on the grantor and beneficiary tax future burdens.
- Help clients plan for and fund long-term care.
- Ensure confidentiality before and after the client's death.
- Get useful checklists for key dates and tasks in estate administration.
- Clarify what can be distributed through non-probate transfers and how to do it correctly.
- Explore creditor issues in estate administration and get trouble-shooting tips from the pros.
- Find out how much planning can still be done after the client's passing.
- Discuss the duties and powers of fiduciaries, their limits and real-life application.
- Get tips for closing the estate to prevent future disputes.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar on estate planning and administration is designed for:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Tax Managers
- Trust Officers
- Certified Financial Planners
- Investment Advisers
DAY 1: ESTATE PLANNING AND TRUST BASICS
- Key Laws and Client Intake/Goal Setting
- Planning for Long-Term Care and End-of-Life Decisions
- Testamentary Documents - Drafting Do's and Don'ts
- Common Trust Structures and When They're Used
- Transfers During Life and Inter-Vivos Trusts
- Tax Consequences of Trusts
DAY 2: PROBATE AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
- Probate Process Overview
- Marshalling Assets and Dealing with Creditors
- Post-Mortem Tax Planning Options
- Legal Ethics in Estate Practice
- Trust Administration and Termination Basics
- Closing the Estate