Thursday, August 30, 2018
Death is not a happy, pretty subject. Facing your own mortality can be one of the hardest trials you can face, but hesitating had the propensity to add stress and costs to those closest to you. Here are several reasons why planning your funeral now is an investment in your life.
- Rising Costs
- Planning and paying for your funeral now is a way to avoid the increasing costs of funeral expenses.
- The Ability to Make Your Own Decisions
- If you approach funeral planning as you would a financial or business decision, you will have the ability to decide for your family the important aspects of your final event.
- To Lessen Future Family Conflict
- While you can’t guarantee family members will abide by your choices, preplanning documents your wishes and provides a benchmark
- To Reduce Financial Burden
- Prepaying for your funeral and associated costs eliminates or reduces the financial burden on those left behind.
- Preplanning is a Gift to Loved Ones
- Planning a funeral is often left to grieving survivors, and the stress of getting that important even exactly right can just compound onto the mourning process.
See Candy Arrington, Why It’s Smart to Plan Your Own Funeral—and do it Now, Market Watch, August 29, 2018.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.) for bringing this article to my attention.