Wednesday, August 29, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, How to Handle the Probate Process, on Thursday, September 13, 2018, at the Holiday Inn Express Charleston-Civic Center in Charleston, West Virginia. Provided below is a description of the event:
A Comprehensive Guide to Probate
Are you confident you can handle a probate case when it lands on your desk? Are you familiar with the proper procedures to use along with the applicable laws? This insightful course will give you detailed, step-by-step information to proficiently navigate through the process - register today!
- Walk through the initial steps of opening a probate case with tips from seasoned practitioners.
- Learn how to implement a complete estate timetable in order to know what needs to be done - and when.
- Effectively guide the executor and the administrator through their various duties in the probate process.
- Avoid problems arising from creditors' claims and insolvency with our powerful strategies.
- Discover the secrets to confidently handling a spouse's elective share.
- Review ways to effectively handle disagreements between beneficiaries and adhere to the guidelines of precedence in case of intestacy.
- Follow thorough closing procedures so accounting is complete before distribution takes place.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar will provide those who have limited probate experience with tips on successfully handling a probate case. This comprehensive seminar will benefit:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Financial Planners and Wealth Managers
- Tax Professionals
- Trust Officers
- Opening the Estate in Probate Court - Initiating the Process
- The Personal Representative's Responsibilities
- Inventory: Collecting, Maintaining and Managing Assets
- Handling Debts and Expenses in Probate
- Ethical Issues in Probate
- The Spouse's Elective Share and Probate Estate
- The Laws of Intestacy and How They May Apply
- Closing and Distributing the Probate Estate
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 8.00 *
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00 ** denotes specialty credits