Friday, June 29, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled PROBATE: Everything You Need to Know, on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - Thursday, July 26, 2018 at Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Provided below is a description of the event:
Top Mistakes, Do's, Don'ts, Tips and Tricks
Is probate really necessary? How do you distinguish between probate and non probate assets? What are the top mistakes executors commonly make and how can you keep them from happening? How do you handle difficult, non-divisible, joint, hidden and unusual assets? In this comprehensive, all-inclusive guide to everything probate, you'll get answers to these questions and so much more. Whether you are new to the probate process, or are just needing a refresher, this course is for you. From petition to inventory to creditors to closing - this program walks you step by step through the process and procedures, while addressing sticking points along the way. Register today!
- Get the probate process and procedure - clarified.
- Find out top alternatives to (and ways to get out of) probate.
- Get effective tips for proving the validity of the will and petitioning it, as well as how to handle lost wills.
- Should there be early distribution of assets? Learn how to quickly identify and decide how to handle this potentially problematic procedure.
- Review procedures for locating and marshalling assets, with sample forms and documents.
- Discover which valuation method is best and how to ensure accurate appraisals.
- Get proven tactics for handling 401ks, IRAs, pensions, stocks and retirement plans.
- Gain tips for handling Medicaid estate recovery and VA liens.
- Tackle top trust traps in probate and walk through the final accounting process.
- Identify key tax deadlines and get techniques for preparing, coordinating and filing returns.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals will also benefit.
Day 1: Process, Initial Steps, Executor Mistakes, Assets, Wills and Probate Problems
- Probate Process and Procedure - Clarified
- PROBATE VS. NON PROBATE ASSETS - Which Ones Can Pass Outside of Probate?
- ESTATE ADMINISTRATION: Ensuring Executors Know Their Duties
- INITIAL CONFERENCE and Hearing - Timeline, Documents, Statements and Complications
- WILLS: Proving Validity, Petitioning and Top Problems
- Is Probate Necessary? Alternatives and Avoidance
- Top PROBLEMS in Probate
Day 2: Disputes, Insolvent Estates, Creditor Issues, Trusts, Taxes and Final Accounting
- When the Love is Gone... Tips for Resolving FAMILY DISPUTES in Probate
- CREDITOR CLAIM Conundrums
- MEDICAID Estate Recovery
- TRUST Traps in Probate
- TAX Deadlines, Preparation, Coordination, Filing Returns - AND Top IRS Pitfalls!
- Handling DISTRIBUTIONS and Closing the Estate Without a Hitch
- Ethical Practice Considerations and Concerns in Probate
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 13.25 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 16.00 ** denotes specialty credits