Tuesday, May 15, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Estate Planning: Top 7 Tools to Know, which will take place on Monday, August 27, 2018 at the Embassy Suites Syracuse in East Syracuse, New York. Provided below is a description of the event:
Strategically Use the Top Estate Planning Tools
The estate planning process is often charged with emotion and filled with legal confusion for clients. Attorneys not only need in-depth familiarity with the top estate planning tools, but also need to know how to strategically use them to their best effect if they want to build their reputations as go-to practitioners. In this comprehensive overview of top estate planning tools, our experienced faculty will go over how to strategically use wills, trusts, advanced directives and more. No matter if you are new to the estate planning arena or are an experienced practitioner in need of a refresher, you are sure to take away valuable techniques you can use to provide maximum benefit to your clients - register today!
- Create wills that prevent future conflict and confusion.
- Ensure you are using the right trust structure when setting up revocable living trusts.
- Structure intentionally defective grantor trusts to avoid critical problems.
- Make sense of IRS rules regarding retirement benefit planning.
- Take advantage of portability, step-up basis and other essential tax minimization tactics.
- Preserve access to public benefits when creating special needs trusts.
- Make sure healthcare wishes are clearly stated in advance medical directives.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar offers an overview of the best practices in estate planning and will benefit:
- Financial Planners
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Will Strategies to Prevent Conflict and Confusion
- Revocable Living Trust Tactics
- Grantor Trust Structuring Tips: Tax Savings and Problem Avoidance
- Retirement Benefit Planning Techniques
- Tax Minimization Tactics: Portability, Step-Up Basis and More
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) and ABLE Account Strategies
- Advance Directive Tips: Making Healthcare Wishes Explicit
- Ethical Considerations
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal EducationCredit Hrs State
CLE 6.50 - CT*
CLE 8.00 - NJ*
CLE 8.00 - NY*
CLE 6.50 - PA*
Continuing Professional Education for Accountants – CPE for Accountants: 8.00
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00* denotes specialty credits