Tuesday, December 26, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Water Rights in California, which will take place on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at the Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo in San Luis Obispo, CA. Provided below is a description of the event:
Get the Tools You Need to Successfully Tackle Challenging Water Law Cases
The fight for "liquid gold" is getting ugly. With developers, government officials, energy companies, tribal leaders, utility companies, farmers and others putting water in their crosshairs, more and more attorneys are taking on these complicated cases. This focused legal program is packed with the latest and greatest legal strategies for protecting your client's water rights and use. Whether you're an experienced water law attorney or new to the practice area, this program will provide you with practical tools to tackle water law cases. Register today!
- Gain the tools you need to handle evaluation, development, adjudication, legislation and acquisition of water rights.
- Get the fundamentals of water law down, learn critical terminology and find out how to simplify the adjudication process.
- Learn how to evaluate water rights, what evidence you need to look for, where to get it and how to apply it to litigation.
- Discover real-world techniques for handling leasing, modification, exchange, transfer, purchase and sale of water rights.
- Find out practical strategies for handling ownership and lease disputes, condemnation disputes, easement challenges and application disputes from experienced attorney faculty.
- Examine emerging hydraulic fracturing, tribal and geothermal water law issues.
- Overcome ethical challenges of representing more than one client in a river system.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for those who are involved in water right disputes and transactions, use, regulation and protection of water resources. The following should attend:
- Government Officials
- Energy Companies
- Water Management Specialists
- Real Estate Developers
- Prior Appropriation Water Law Made Simple
- Water Rights Evaluations
- Handling the Application, Lease, Transfer and Sale of Water Rights
- Handling Water Rights Disputes: Adjudication Procedures and Litigation Tips
- Current Issues, Legal Challenges and Recent Trends
- Ethics and Water Law
Continuing Education Credit
American Association of Professional Landmen – AAPL: 6.00 *
American Institute of Certified Planners – AICP: 6.00 *
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
* denotes specialty credits