Wednesday, December 27, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Probate Inventory and Final Accounting, which will take place on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at the Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI in Linthicum Heights, MD. Provided below is a description of the event:
Keys to an Impeccable Final Accounting and Indisputable Probate in Every Case
The estate inventory is the beginning, and the fiduciary accounting is the grand finale when probating an estate. The two are indelibly linked, and to complete them correctly and thoroughly means to avoid needless delays, disputes and possible re-openings. This practical legal program will help you uncover all estate assets, and record and distribute them efficiently, without error. Register today!
- Compile a master list of all documents to collect to ensure a complete inventory.
- Learn what forms of appraisal exist and how to use them to your client's advantage.
- Don't miss key elements that must be included in the final accounting.
- Get practical ethical tips for protecting your professional reputation in daily probate practice.
- Ensure that final estate disbursements will not generate any beneficiary objections.
- Discuss the key issues in determining fair executor compensation.
Who Should Attend
This basic level probate program is for:
- Trust Officers
- Probate Process and Timeline Overview
- Generating Estate Inventory: Starting the Final Accounting at the Outset
- Asset Valuation in Probate: Minimizing Tax and Ensuring Fair Distribution
- Preparing for the Final Accounting
- Final Accounting: Final Distributions and Petition for Discharge
- Final Accounting: What to Include and How to Organize it (w/ Sample Review)
- Legal Ethics in Probate Practice
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 7.00 *
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.50 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 8.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00
* denotes specialty credits