Friday, December 29, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Frequently Used Trusts for Estate and Financial Planning, which will take place on Thursday, January 25, 2018, at the Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown in San Jose, CA. Provided below is a description of the event:
Understand the Most Common Trust Structures, Their Various Uses and Tax Effects
Understand the underlying structures and functions of the key estate planning tools used to protect and transfer clients' assets. Whether you're a beginner or are in need of a refresher, this essential course will leave you with useful and practical tips from the pros. Register today!
- Clarify the tax uses and consequences of the various trust structures.
- Distinguish between testamentary and revocable trusts.
- Explore the most tax-efficient tools for specific client circumstances.
- Determine when an irrevocable trust is a better option.
- Understand the varied powers and duties of the trustee depending on the trust structure.
- Learn how special needs trusts are used to provide for daily expenses without risking benefits eligibility.
- Protect your practice and professional reputation with a tailored ethics guide.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Tax Professionals
- Trusts Overview: Main Rules, Terms, Parties, Goals Identified
- Revocable Trusts: A Versatile Tool for Every Occasion
- Irrevocable Trusts: Tax Savings and Asset Protection
- Special Needs Trusts: Funding Long-Term Care
- Ethics and Trusts
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 7.00 *
* denotes specialty credits