Thursday, October 26, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Collection Law From Start to Finish, which will take place on Thursday, October 26, 2017, at the Embassy Suites Syracuse in East Syracuse, NY. Provided below is a description of the event:
Tread Carefully . . . But Ensure Your Clients Get Paid
Winning a judgment against a bad debt doesn't necessarily mean cash in hand. Do you have the information you need to ensure payment of the debt - while keeping in compliance with strict guidelines governing consumer collections? Don't rush in unprepared. Maximize your chances of recovery with the practical solutions you'll gain at this definitive seminar. Enroll today!
- Uncover assets - including property - that can help you maximize monetary recovery.
- Stay in compliance: follow the guidelines governing actions permitted or restricted by the FDCPA.
- Learn effective (and legal!) ways to get the debtor's attention when moving forward with a lawsuit.
- Learn how to use wage garnishments and attachments to successfully collect judgments.
- Take the steps necessary to protect your client's rights when the debtor files for bankruptcy.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level course will provide professionals with the legal framework to collect consumer debt. Those who should attend include:
- In-House Counsel
- Collections and Loan Officers
- Credit Managers
- Presidents/Vice Presidents
- Pre-Suit Collection Strategies
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Filing the Lawsuit - Developing Definitive Strategies
- Collecting the Judgment
- The Impact of Bankruptcy on Collections
- Avoiding Ethical Tangles in Collections
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal EducationCredit Hrs State
CLE 7.20 - NJ*
CLE 7.00 - NY*
CLE 6.00 - PA*
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
* denotes specialty credits