Saturday, October 28, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, As Family Court Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Litigating Divorce, which will take place on Thursday, November 02, 2017, at the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks in Houston, TX. Provided below is a description of the event:
Gain Insight into Everyday Judicial Practices that are Not Found in Any Rule Book
You know the statutes and strategies of divorce litigation, but what no outsider can teach you are the unwritten rules and practices of your local family court. This course brings you face-to-face with family court judges to help you avoid mistakes and adopt best practices that will build your reputation with the court. Register today!
- Hear insights from family court decision-makers and get your questions answered.
- Find out how the judges want to see the cases presented at temporary hearings and at trial.
- Learn how judges approach specific custody issues and what key factors they consider in decision-making.
- Get guidance on handling cases involving domestic abuse.
- Ensure effective communication with the court in times of unexpected case developments.
- Provide the adjudicators with all the information they'll need to make the decision.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level judicial panel will provide domestic and family law attorneys with practical tips for effective communication with the court.
Morning Session 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Local Family Court Procedure and Culture
- Temporary Hearing
- Custody/Time Sharing - Major Deciding Factors
- Child and Spousal Support Determination and Enforcement
- Handling Assets and Debts
Afternoon Session: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Legal Ethics - The Judicial View
- Effective Communication with the Court
- Contempt in Family Court
- Domestic Abuse/Violence
- How to Present Your Case at Trial
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits