Thursday, September 28, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Title Law From Start to Finish, which will take place on Thursday, October 05, 2017, at the Adam's Mark Buffalo Niagara in Buffalo, NY. Provided below is a description of the event:
Confidently Work Through Common Problems
Do you understand the intricacies of real estate closings but feel left out of the loop when title becomes involved in the transaction? Are you able to resolve common title problems and utilize title insurance to your client's full advantage? Don't just rely on other professionals' due diligence; learn to use insurance and other cures to protect against title defects found with comprehensive title searches. This course will teach you the fundamentals of real estate title from examination to litigation. Register today!
- Conduct thorough and accurate title searches by utilizing court decrees, mortgage foreclosures and probate documents.
- Read and interpret land surveys, legal descriptions and plats in order to identify potential problems.
- Take the necessary steps to cure defects in the title so you can keep the transaction flowing.
- Avoid ethical dilemmas such as conflicts of interest during real estate transactions.
- Confidently draft closing letters that protect the buyer from title insurance claims.
- Work with the title insurance company on special issues, including additional coverage and special endorsements.
- Learn how to effectively file and defend title insurance claims.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for:
- Title Insurance Agents
- Title and Abstract Professionals
- Title Search and Examination Fundamentals
- How to Read Surveys, Descriptions and Plats
- Best Practices for Curing Title Problems
- The Title Insurance Commitment and Closing Letters
- Proper Usage of Endorsements and Exceptions
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal EducationCredit Hrs State
CLE 7.20 - NJ*
CLE 7.00 - NY*
CLE 6.00 - PA*
* denotes specialty credits