Wednesday, December 7, 2016
A family is raising awareness on the life-threatening symptoms of food allergies after the sudden death of their son. After eating a nut contained in a piece of cake, a small blister appeared on the boys lip. Shortly after, he went into anaphylactic shock, and the administered EpiPens could not halt the outcome. To help raise awareness, the family has created the Red Sneakers Foundation in their son’s memory. With this foundation, the family hopes to launch educational programs, fund research, and contribute to the formation of public policy.
See Boy’s Death After Unknowingly Eating Nut in Cake Leads Family to Start Foundation, Fox News, December 6, 2016.