Wednesday, September 28, 2016
The American Law Institute is hosting a CLE entitled, My Estate Is Worth What? Best Practices and Pitfalls of Working with Appraisers and Valuation Experts, which will take place on October 19, 2016, 1:00–2:00 PM Eastern. Provided below is a description of the event:
Is your estate planning client going through a divorce? Looking to establish a buy-sell agreement for its business interests? Anxious to transfer hard-to-value assets before the end of the year in light of the proposed section 2704 regulations? Then you are likely going to need to hire an appraiser or valuation expert. Do you know how to get the best appraisal for your client?
In just 60 minutes, this program will teach you not only how to protect your client’s interests in these critical times, but also to ensure that the appraisal passes IRS scrutiny!
- Determining when a valuation expert is needed
- Deciding whom to hire as an appraiser and the type of appraisal required
- Best practices for engaging the appraiser to maintain evidentiary privilege
- Best practices for reviewing and revising draft appraisals
- Select valuation issues to consider
Register today for this important program! Or register two or more from your organization and save!