Saturday, November 30, 2013
John O. McManus, the Founding Principal of estate planning firm McManus & Associates, recently highlighted some effective financial tactics and maintenance items to apply before 2014. Here are ten estate planning questions to ask yourself before the end of the year:
- Should I change my estate plan before laws change in 2014?
- Is your partnership validly maintained?
- If making gifts to loved ones, are you exceeding your exemption amount?
- Are you employing the most current estate planning strategies?
- Are you making the most of income tax deductions?
- Do the fiduciaries named in your estate planning documents still reflect your wishes?
- Are you using the best strategies when making year-end charitable gifts?
- Are your cash donations from an IRA to charity being properly made?
- Should you consider using a GRAT or a QPRT?
- How should you harvest capital gains and time long-term losses?
See Top 10 Estate Planning Considerations to Complete Before Year-End, McManus & Associates, Nov. 22, 2013.