Monday, April 29, 2013
The ALI-CLE is sponsoring a live course/telephone seminar entitled, International Trust and Estate Planning, from Thursday October 10, 2013 to Friday October 11, 2013 at the Revere Hotel Boston Common in Massaschusetts. Provided below is description of the event:
In the course of more than 14 hours of instruction, the tax and reporting rules relating to foreign trusts and trusts established by foreign grantors are discussed in depth, as are the regulations and procedures implementing them. The complementary tax regimes affecting foreign corporations with U.S. shareholders also are examined. New this year is a segment on international philanthropy analyzing taxation of direct gifts to overseas recipients as well as a session on unique estate planning concerns for Canadian clients.
Other topics include:
- Income, gift, and estate taxation of nonresident aliens after the 2010 legislation;
- Marital planning for the non-citizen spouse;
- Recent developments with voluntary disclosure of offshore financial accounts;
- The opportunities and pitfalls of expatriation after the 2008 HEART Act changes; and
- U.S. immigration and nationality concerns relevant to high-net-wealth persons moving to and from the United States;
- “Inbound” and “outbound” grantor trusts
As in prior years, time is devoted to a discussion of the practical and ethical issues that arise in dealing with international clients in an increasingly regulated world. Time is reserved throughout the program to address registrants’ questions.