Thursday, December 1, 2011
Patient Advocate Sites
- American Association for Homecare http://blog.aahomecare.org/
- This blog focuses on accessing care for people and advocating for people in their homes. They provide information about compliance, trends, education, and training and information for the patients and their families.
- Pathway Medical Staffing http://pathway-medical.com/blog
- Pathway Medical Staffing recruits and employs nurse case managers and non clinical nursing professionals for nursing home environments.
- Caregiver list http://www.caregiverlist.com/blog/Julie/Default.aspx
- This blog gives updates on important health care information ifor the elderly. It helps those who are caregivers properly care for the elderly.
- ElderLaw Answers http://www.elderlawanswers.com/
- This gives an array of answers to some of the legal questions that are faced by the elderly population in the United States. It also gives people information on elder law attorneys across the nation.
- Eldercare ABC Blog http://eldercareblog.com
- This blog deals with all sorts of issues in caring for the elderly ranging from financial elder abuse, aging parents to average nursing home costs.
- Elder Abuse by David Kessler http://elder-abuse-cyberray.blogspot.com
- David discusses the prevalence and problems with elderly abuse in society today. He discusses ways to detect and report the abuse. Contact David Kessler at [email protected].
- Mama’s Health http://www.MamasHealth.com
- Mama’s Health provides tools that help educate people to lead healthier lives which makes people lead happier, more productive and lower stress lives.
- The Health Care Blog http://www.thehealthcareblog.com/the_health_care_blog/
- All issues of healthcare are discussed by a multitude of authors. Topics range from the healthcare costs, family responsibility to patient safety.
Legal Resources for Patients and Families
- South Carolina Nursing Home Blog by Ray Mullman of Polikoff & Associates http://www.scnursinghomelaw.com/
- One of the most diligent bloggers around, Ray does a tremendous job keeping us updated on the ongoings regarding nursing home abuse both in South Carolina as well as the rest of the country.
- Legal Medicine http://legalmedicine.blogspot.com/ by Dan Frith and Lauren Ellerman of Frith & Ellerman Law Firm
- Dan and Lauren are Virgina attorneys who do a tremendous job clearly explaining complex issues in medical malpractice and nursing home negligence cases.
Jonathan Rosenfeld, 50 Essential Web Sites For Families With a Loved One In A Nursing Home, Nursing Homes Abuse Blog, Dec. 23, 2010.