Monday, July 18, 2011
- Treat siblings equally.
- Decide who gets which treasure.
- Keep track of loans and advances.
- Transfer a business with a contract.
- Check ownership of what you leave.
- Get your own lawyer.
- Consider a corporate executor.
- Establish you’re of sound mind.
- Include a “no contest” clause.
- Spell out any disinheritance.
See Ashlea Ebeling, 10 Ways to Lawsuit-Proof Your Estate, Forbes, Jul. 13, 2011.
Special thanks to Patrick Thiessen (Attorney, Denver, Colorado) and Jim Hillhouse (WealthCounsel) for bringing this to my attention.