Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Financial Events International is sponsoring a conference in Zurich, Switzerland on February 4, 2009 entitled The International Trust 2009 -- New Trends and Developments.
Here is a description of this program which is also available via live webcast in case you cannot make the trip to Zurich:
The latest developments in international trust law presented by experts from the United States , Europe and Israel…
Because of increasing international mobility of people, businesses and capital, and also because of growing wealth among businesses and individuals, the financial sector is experiencing new standards for trust companies.
Today, along with excellent infrastructure and stability, several jurisdictions are internationally oriented and offer attractive corporate legal instruments for international tax planning, asset protection and estate planning.
The use of varied jurisdictions to optimize profits and spread risks is not reserved to international corporate structuring only.
In this conference, special focus will be given to the following topics:
- Trustees and Company Directors under Attack: Potential Liability
- Trustees' Mistakes: How to correct them
- The international foundation scene in trepidation: where are we?
- Administration of a Trust company in Israel
- Taxation of trusts in Switzerland and lump sum tax arrangements
- Using Liechtenstein as a trust jurisdiction after the LGT affair
- Estate Planning for U.S. citizens: Estate and Tax Planning for Europeans holding U.S. assets
- Panamanian Private Foundations and Trusts in the international Family Estate Planning