Tuesday, December 30, 2008
The American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and the ABA Center for Continuing Legal Education are sponsoring a teleconference and live audio webcast on January 6, 2009 entitled Estate Planning for Business Owners: Recent Developments You May Have Missed.
Here is a description of this program:
Closely held business owners have distinctive estate planning needs, but also have unique opportunities available to meet those needs in life and in death. To take advantage of those opportunities, and avoid the many pitfalls, you should be aware of the current developments in this area. This program will concentrate on recent developments in tax planning and administration involving closely held business interests, while considering the significant non-tax issues that often drive these choices.
The topics to be covered include the following:
- IRC Section 2032--Alternate Valuation Proposed Regulations: The Anti-Kohler Regulations
- IRC Section 6166--Notice 2007-90: Security Under Section 6166 Elections
- IRC Section 6695A: Appraiser Penalties Revisited
- Family Limited Partnerships: Case Law Update
- Rev Rul. 2008-22, 2008-16: The Grantor Trust 675(4) Exchange Power