Sunday, November 23, 2008
Veteran actor Paul Newman died on September 26, 2008 at age 83.
Paul's April 11, 2008 will and its July 24, 2008 codicil were recently admitted to probate in Westport, Connecticut.
Here are some of the details:
- Tangible personal property
- All of his airplanes and race cars are to be sold with the proceeds becoming part of the residuary.
- His Oscars and other awards will pass to Newman's Own Foundation.
- The rest of his tangible personal property passes to his wife, Joanne Woodward
- Marital trust created with various business entities Paul owned.
- Extensive gifts to Newman's Own Foundation including all of his publicity and intellectual property rights.
- Originally, Paul left all his real property to Joanne. The codicil modifies this gift to include only his real property in Westport.
- The residuary passes under his trust agreement.
- He named two individuals plus a person selected by his daughters (other than one of them) as co-executors of his estate.