Saturday, August 30, 2008
- Links to extensive background material showing how Mary Ellen was allegedly subjected to undue influence and other acts amounting to elder abuse.
- Watch a video of her executing her will which was later denied probate for not being witnessed in her Mary Ellen's presence. (The court thus sidestepped the lack of capacity and undue influence claims.)
The following details are from Brandon Formby, Texas Supreme Court refuses Swiss Ave. mansion appeal, Dallas Morning News, Aug. 30, 2008:
- On August 29, 2008, the Texas Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of the case.
- The refusal basically means that Mary Ellen's daughter (Frances Ann Giron) is the sole heir to her estate.
- The status of criminal charges against the beneficiaries of the will which was denied probate is uncertain. These beneficiaries are accused of attempting to steal Mary Ellen's interest in her mansion (4949 Swiss Avenue).
Special thanks to Neil E. Hendershot, Esq. (Attorney at law, Goldberg Katzman, P.C., Adjunct Professor, Widener University School of Law) for bringing this development to my attention.