Monday, June 30, 2008
Terry Erwin Stork, an Austin, Texas lawyer, has recently pled guilty to felony theft for conduct relating to various estates.
Here is some of the conduct in which Stork is accused of engaging:
- Mismanaged or stole property worth over $800,000.
- Engaged in the evil conduct for over 20 years.
- Lived in the home of a deceased client for 15 years.
- When he sold the home, he deposited the proceeds in his personal account.
- Drove a deceased client’s car.
- Used a deceased client’s money to purchase china for his collection.
- Failed to deliver property to beneficiaries.
Stork had previously resigned from the practice of law.
See Tony Plohetski, Longtime attorney pleads guilty to estate thefts, American-Statesman, June 28, 2008.
See also Tony Plohetski, Fighting the touchy battle of estate theft, American-Statesman, June 27, 2008. (Special thanks to David S. Luber (Attorney at law, Florida Probate Attorney Wills and Estates Law Firm) for bringing this article to my attention.)