Wednesday, February 21, 2007
The Cannon Financial Institute is sponsoring a teleconference on February 27, 2007 entitled Recent Developments For Estate Planning Professionals: Another Reason To Buy Maalox featuring Roy M. Adams and Charles A. Redd.
Here is a summary of the program:
There is a steady flow of changes in the law from all major sources, including Federal and state legislatures, the Internal Revenue Service, Commissioners of Uniform Laws. Ethical rules for all estate planners continue to demand familiarity with changes and modifications that effect clients. Too many negligence cases are based upon the lack of familiarity with current developments or the failure to make modifications to a client’s plan after changes in the law. In this program, Roy will cover:
- The unending and frustrating battle for transfer tax reform. Where are things heading and what you should tell your clients.
- Increased complexity resulting from more demanding compliance rules.
- The developing body of Federal common law.
- Limitations upon the post-death ability to reform documents.
- New thinking in insurance planning.