Thursday, March 31, 2016
For a review copy, click here.
From the authors:
This edition offers additional benefits to students. First, it features a new design that incorporates illustrations and sidebars to aid students’ comprehension. Second, students have the option of purchasing a “connected” version of the casebook. Information on the Casebook Connect platform is here:https://www.casebookconnect.com/faculty. (The connected e-book allows students to gain access to a wealth of self-assessment materials, including multiple-choice and essay questions. Moreover, faculty can access data on students’ handling of these materials, which in turn can help them gauge which topics may require additional attention or clarification.)
We realize, of course, that the adoption of a new casebook requires time and effort. To help minimize these costs, we have prepared a 500+ page, everything-you-need-to-know Teacher’s Manual. It not only provides details and context for each principal case, it also offers a steady stream of pedagogic suggestions based on our combined six decades of experience teaching Torts. In addition, adopters gain access to 200+ media-rich PowerPoint slides that can be adapted for use in your class, or can simply be used to help you prepare to teach.
To give you a sense of what the book has to offer, please click here to access:
- Chapter 9 (Battery, Assault and False Imprisonment); the Teacher’s Manual for Chapter 9, and a sampling of PowerPoint slides for Chapter 9; and
- a detailed Table of Contents (click on the “Table of Contents” tab on the left, then on “Complete Table of Contents” at the bottom of the page)
As you can see, Chapter 9 itself contains several representative features, including:
- Sidebars on pages 612 and 645 that enable students to engage in self-assessment
- Extensive and informative expository notes, such as those on pages 632-638
- Illustrations and photographs (such as the cartoon on page 604) that aim to inform students and to provide them with occasional breaks from the rigors of class prep
Meanwhile, the sample from the Teacher’s Manual and the slides will give you a sense of the support we provide to adopters.