Friday, May 20, 2011
Personal Injury Roundup No. 104 (5/20/11)
- Rakofsky v. the Internet. (TortsProf)
Trials, Settlements and Other Ends
- DOJ taps Sheila Birnbaum to administer the fund for ground zero workers. (Bloomberg Bus Week, Huff Post)
- Judge's impartiality questioned in $322 million asbestos verdict in Mississippi. (Overlawyered)
- Bratz manufacturer MGA seeks $177 million on punitive damages from rival Mattel. (AmLaw Daily)
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- Med Mal reform bill passes House committee, but passage by full Congress unlikely. (CT Mirror)
- NC works on workers-comp reform. (PR Newswire)
- TN Senate passes cap on non-economic damages. (Nashville City Paper)
- As we work on our summer projects, Opinio Juris features posts by the Outgoing Exective Articles Editor of the Chicago Law Review about the law review submission process.
For more on Rakosfky v. The Internet go here. Go here for a long list of posts on the case.
For a critical comment on the selection of Sheila Birnbaum to administer the fund for ground zero workers go here.
Posted by: Prof. Alberto Bernabe | May 20, 2011 6:04:27 AM