Friday, January 14, 2011
Personal Injury Roundup No. 90 (1/14/11)
- Drivers in car collisions with moose in Newfoundland, Canada blame the province for failure to control the moose population. (BBC via Olson/Overlawyered)
- Jilted bride sues groom for $100K for breach of promise to marry, IIED. (Today Show via Olson/Overlawyered)
- IL: Court affirms summary judgment for a defendant in trampoline injury case and provides a helpful "suggested checklist for summary-judgment practice." Simmons v. Reichardt (PDF)
- WV: A couple attempts to have the state's med mal cap declared unconstitutional. (J.D. Supra)
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- New York's Medicaid Trouble (The Pop Tort)
- A physician's critique of MICRA (Capitol Weekly)
- NY: Rotator cuff injury verdict: $250K pain-and-suffering award; the case was complicated by legal malpractice and a preexisting shoulder injury. (Hochfelder/New York Injury Cases Blog)
- Ron Miller at The Maryland Injury Lawyer Blog has started his own roundup as part of a New Year's Resolution. Here's a sample.
Thanks to Gil Lenz for material this week.