Friday, May 14, 2010
Graduation here at Western New England is just a week away. Congratulations to graduates here and across the country!
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- Some Kagan links: Turkewitz hopes she's handed clients tissues (New York PI Law Blog); Overlawyered rounds up some links (Overlawyered); Victor Schwartz comments on her having an open mind on liability reform (Business Insurance).
- Center for American Progress criticizes damage caps for environmental damages. (Center for American Progress)
- Damages the focus of insurer ad buys in North Carolina. (BusinessWeek)
- $500 million in punitive damages to pharmaceutical companies for plaintiffs getting hepatitis C due to reuse of vials; allegation is, I guess, that the vials the pharma companies used were too big and thus encouraged (?) reuse. (Google/AP, Daily Finance)
- Family of eight-year-old killed by negligently installed and inspected carnival ride will receive no compensation on top of roughly $2 million already received (MassTort.org)