Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Tulane Law Review is hosting a symposium on "The Problem of Multidistrict Litigation" on February 15th to 16th. Panels will discuss:
- The Workings of the Federal MDL Panel and the Selection of the Transferee Court
- Attorney Strategies and Ethical Considerations in MDL Practice
- Multidistrict Litigation: The New Solution to a Post-Class-Action Era?
- The State of State MDLs and State/Federal Coordination
- Bellwether Trials and Settlement Devices
- Practicalities of Multidistrict Litigation
- Ad Hoc District-wide MDLs / MMTJA
Speakers include Judge Lee Rosenthal (Chair of the U.S. Judicial Conference Committee on Rules Practice and Procedure), Judge Eldon Fallon (Vioxx), Richard Marcus (Hastings), Alexandra Lahav (Connecticut), Francis McGovern (Duke), as well as Dickie Scruggs (The Scruggs Law Firm) and Mark Herrmann (Jones Day, Drug & Device Law Blog).