Sunday, March 27, 2011
Via the Coalition for Sexual and Bodily Rights in Muslim Societies (CSBR):
Date: July 16-23, 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Coalition for Sexual and Bodily Rights in Muslim Societies (CSBR) is pleased to announce the 4th CSBR Sexuality Institute 2011 to be held between July 16th and 23rd 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Designed as a comprehensive curriculum on sexuality, sexual and reproductive health and rights with an in depth discussion on the linkages between research and practice, the CSBR Sexuality Institute offers a holistic interdisciplinary program combining history, theory, research and politics of sexuality with applications of advocacy and fieldwork.
The CSBR Sexuality Institute brings together leading sexual and reproductive rights activists, academics and researchers. Held previously in Malaysia (2008), Turkey (2009) and Indonesia (2010) with participants from 23 countries throughout Asia, Africa and the Middle East, the institutes include lectures, group work, roundtables, panels, site visits and film screenings, as well as a methodology to engage participants’ own experiences around sexuality.
***Deadline for Applications: April 15th, 2011***
Please return the completed form and a C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE LIMIT YOUR C.V. TO 5 PAGES
Requirements for Application:
Eligible applicants for the Institute must:
Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights;
Have a commitment to undertake efforts to promote sexual and bodily health and rights at national and international levels;
Represent an organization/institution engaged in sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy, research or fieldwork;
Be fluent in English.
The Institute will be limited to 20-22 participants, as it is designed as participatory group training. The applications will be reviewed by the CSBR Training Committee.
Mobile Phone Number:
Personal InformationDate of Birth and Country of Citizenship:
1) Please state your position and title in your organization:
2) How many years have you been working with this organization?
3) Please describe your professional background, interests and the work that you do in relation to sexuality and sexual rights, including experience at national, regional and international levels (maximum 200 words):
4) Please briefly describe if/how you and your organization are familiar with CSBR and if you have had previous involvement with CSBR (maximum 100 words):
5) Please explain why you want to participate in the CSBR Sexuality Institute. What you expect to gain from and contribute to the Institute? (maximum 200 words)
6) Please describe your future plans and aspirations in terms of your work on sexuality. What efforts do you plan to undertake in this field in the future? (maximum 150 words)
7) Please discuss one or two main emerging issues around sexuality in your national contexts and Muslim societies. What do you perceive as challenges and as opportunities in this field? (maximum 200 words)
8) Please provide the name and contact details for 2 reference people:
Reference Person #1
Reference Person #2