Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Pre-Pregnancy Health for Men
HealthDay News: Health Tip: Pre-Pregnancy Health for Men:
When trying to conceive, good health is important for both moms- and dads-to-be. Future fathers can help a couple's chances of having a healthy baby.
Here are a few pre-pregnancy suggestions for would-be dads, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Visit your doctor for a general checkup.
- Talk to your doctor about any medications you are taking, to determine if any of them may affect fertility.
- Get plenty of sleep, and maintain a healthy diet. Be sure to get plenty of zinc and vitamin E.
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking, and never use illegal drugs.
- Practice good testicular health. Avoid immersion in hot water (hot tubs or spas), long hot showers, or wearing briefs or tight pants.
- Avoid bicycling.