Friday, December 1, 2023
If you are not a member and would like to rub shoulders with IRS and Treasury folk who work in tax exempt and government entities, consider joining the The TEGE Exempt Organizations Council. Here are the latest projects about which the group could use your help.
The TEGE Exempt Organizations Council, through the Comments Committee and the newly formed EO Roundtable, is convening several working groups to assemble and draft feedback and comments on the following items.
- DAF Regulations Working Group. The comments project will be starting very soon. If you would like to participate, please reach out to Alex Reid ([email protected]) or Chelsea Rubin ([email protected]). We are specifically seeking volunteers to address each of the following topics in the proposed donor advised fund regulations:
- Definition of a DAF, including a fund for a single identified organization, multiple donor funds, scholarship funds, and disaster relief funds;
- Definition of advisory privileges and advisory committees;
- Definition of donor-advisor including financial advisors; and
- Definition of taxable distributions.
- IRS’ Strategic Operating Plan Working Group. We are also looking for volunteers to help with the three following identified areas. This project is starting soon. If you are interested in participating, please reach out to Eve Borenstein ([email protected]).
- Mapping of how the BMF data interacts with other areas at the IRS;
- Cataloging the errors with the BMF; and
- Explication of the need for IRS resources for the EO sector.
- State Regulatory Discussion Group. The EO Roundtable has formed this discussion group to address various issues of state regulation that impact the sector. If you want to be part of this group from the inception, please reach out to Amanda Adams ([email protected]) or Elisabeth Ponsano ([email protected]).
Stay tuned for registration for our March 7-8, 2024 meeting in DC. In the meantime, please also remember that our Treasury IRS Connection – Tax Advisors’ Queries (“TIC-TAQ”) Forum continues to collect and analyze questions and comments for the Council’s government speakers. Please submit questions and comments at any time on the EO Council website at https://www.eocouncil.org/question-submission.html.
In addition, the new EO Roundtable meets monthly and welcomes all participants. Please reach out to Jennifer Becker-Harris ([email protected]) if you are interested in an invitation.