Monday, March 26, 2018
The University of Connecticut School of Law and Insurance Law Center invite you to a conference on
“Pricing Litigation Risk in the 21st Century”
Friday, April 27, 2018 from 9 to 2
Please join us for a first of its kind conference on measuring and managing litigation risk. Bringing together thought leaders in law, finance, insurance, and economics, from practice and academia, this conference will explore new approaches to evaluating litigation risk, including the latest tools available such as digital and data analytics, artificial intelligence, and game theory. We will examine the methods for evaluating risk currently in use, explore new approaches, and consider what limitations constrain our ability to evaluate and quantify litigation risk.
Panel Topics Include:
- Current Methods: Perspectives from Law Firms, Finance, and Insurance
- Innovations: Probability Theory and Data Analytics
- New Directions, Possibilities and Critique
- David Abrams, Professor, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Natalie Chairamonte, Vice President, Sovereign Insurance
- Andrew Cohen, Vice President, Burford Capital
- Eric Falkenberry, Partner, DLA Piper
- James Heavner, Senior Vice President, Director of Litigation, The Hartford
- Daniel Martin Katz, Associate Professor, Illinois Tech - Chicago Kent Law
- William Narwold, Partner, Motley Rice
- Elizabeth Sacksteder, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Selvyn Seidel, CEO, Fulbrook Capital Management
- Kathryn Spier, Professor, Harvard Law School
- Marc Victor, President, Litigation Risk Analysis
To register, please visit ilc.law.uconn.edu/litigationrisk18
Registration is required by April 23. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Registration is free of charge, parking $3/day. If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact the Law School at 860-570-5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance. Eligible for CT CLE credit.