Sunday, March 26, 2023
Nominations Open for the AWLD Rombauer Award
The Association of Legal Writing Directors (“ALWD”) is now accepting nominations for the Marjorie Rombauer Award.
The Rombauer Award salutes a person who has contributed significantly to the field of legal writing:
- by education about the importance of legal writing;
- by published scholarship that advances the teaching of legal writing and the understanding of its underlying principles;
- by contributions to national legal writing organizations;
- by contributions to individual legal writing programs; and
- by efforts to improve the status of legal writing faculty.
Past award recipients include Mary Beth Beazley (2017), Laurel Currie Oates (2009), and Mary S. Lawrence (2000). If you would like to nominate someone for the Rombauer Award, please send your nomination to rcroskery [at] law.uci.edu by 5 p.m. PST on April 14, 2023. Please provide the following information in your nomination:
- Your name, title, institutional affiliation, and contact information.
- The name, title, institutional affiliation, and contact information for the nominee.
- A short statement (no more than 500 words) as to why you think the nominee meets the criteria for the Rombauer Award.
Hat tip to Professor Rachel Croskery-Roberts, President-Elect of ALWD and Associate Dean for Lawyering Skills at the University of California, Irvine School of Law