Saturday, March 28, 2015
The Legal Writing Institute Launches a Professional Status Committee
The Legal Writing Institute, the world's largest membership organization devoted to legal writing and its teaching, has launched an LWI Professional Status Committee.
The professors serving on this new committee have a broad range of experience and represent the full range of legal writing programs across the country.
In announcing the committee, LWI President Linda Berger stated that the Committee will serve as a coordinating mechanism and a clearinghouse, with its primary first goals being (1) to serve as a resource for members who are facing specific employment or professional development issues and (2) to gather information about status issues and challenges that will help the LWI Board respond appropriately to various challenges and situations.
The seven members of the new Professional Status Committee are
- David W. Austin (California Western School of Law, San Diego)
- Mary Bowman, Co-Chair (Seattle University School of Law)
- Olympia Duhart (Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Lucy Jewel (University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville)
- Kristen Tiscione, Co-Chair (Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C.)
- Melissa Weresh (Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa)
- Cliff Zimmerman (Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois)
You can meet each member of the Professional Status Committee in individual profiles that we will post daily over the coming week.