Monday, June 3, 2019
Here's an interesting list of the "best" books for new lawyers compiled by the website The Balance Small Business.
- Best Overall: The Young Lawyer's Jungle Book: A Survival Guide by Thane Messinger.
- Best Workplace Primer: The New Lawyer's Handbook by Karen Thalacker.
- Best For Helping You Keep Your Cool: Flourish by Martin Seligman (the "happiness" and well-being scholar).
- Best For Aspiring Activist Attorneys: The Story of My Life by Clarence Darrow.
- Best Memoir: My Life in Court by Louis Nizer.
- Best If You Feel Like Giving Up: From Law School to Lawyer a Kindle book by "anonymous."
- Best Historical Case Study: And the Dead Shall Rise by Steve Oney.
- Most Humorous Book: The Curmudgeon's Guide to Practicing Law by ATL blogger Mark Herrmann.
Please feel free to contribute your own recommendations in the comments below.