Access to Justice Conference--Early Bird Registration Deadline Extended, Program Now Available
The Consortium for Access to Justice: A Collaborative Community of Law Practice Incubators and Nonprofit Law Firms and Georgia State University College of Law have extended the deadline for early bird registration for theAccess to Justice 5 Conference. The new early bird deadline is March 26 for the conference which takes place on April 12-14. The Program for the conference is now posted on the conference website.
To register for the conference and hotels, and to view the program, go to the conference webpage:
The conference is designed for people involved in incubator or other post-graduate programs for solo, small firm, and nonprofit practitioners, as well as for those who want to know more about how these programs work and how they contribute to enhancing social justice through improved access to law.
Along with the basics of creating and implementing incubator programs, non-profit and sliding scale law firms, the conference will address, among other topics,
- Training lawyers for sustainable "justice gap" practice;
- Marketing and community outreach;
- Assessing the impact of programs and practices on the community, individual clients, and lawyer satisfaction;
- Using technology and other tools to deliver services to "justice gap" clients; and
- Collaboration between bench, bar and academia
The conference includes speakers, panels, workshops and hands-on technology sessions to help participants develop concrete take-aways for immediate impact on their work. Early bird registration rates end March 26.