Sunday, September 25, 2016
At Academic Impressions, Tanya Ang (ACE) and Bruce Kelley (University of South Dakota)discuss these strengths:
- They are already the product of an intense educational experience.
- They bring diversity training and experience with diverse perspectives.
- They have resilience and are trained problem solvers; some have also received leadership training.
- They are working toward a mission and are focused on accomplishing their academic goals.
- They are service-oriented, volunteering more frequently than any other student demographic.
In addition to explaining these strength, they also thoughtfully discuss the challenges that these students face. You can read more here.