Wednesday, September 23, 2015
We mark the passing of Yogi. I was raised in a Yankee family and am old enough to have seen him at Yankee Stadium. As wordsmiths, we might do well to ponder eight of Yogi’s epigrams.
8. “In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.”
7. “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
6. “Whatever you do in life, 90 percent of it is half mental.”
5. “It’s déjà vu all over again.”
4. Explaining why he no longer frequented a particular restaurant, he said, “Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded.”
3. “You can observe a lot just by watching.”
2. When asked by his wife where he’d like to be buried, he reportedly replied, “I don’t know. Surprise me.”
And the No. 1 Yogi-ism from The Great No. 8: “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.”
From the Patch National Staff (here). Please feel free to add more.